Cricket Score applet for Gnome desktop
Cricket score applet gnome-applet which will display score at gnome-panel, the same way, we see date/time. It is written in python. It will also score updates through libnotify module. You can select matches from matches in progress.
more background can be found here
Nov 27, 2009 : Released 0.1 alpha verison. This release has very basic features.
Nov 29, 2009 : Released 0.1 verison. Fixed loading issue for slower internet connection
Dec 04, 2009 : Released 1.0 alpha verison. This release has two more features:
- Match selection preference if there are multiple matches in progress.
- Wicket, four, sixes update through libnotify module.
Dec 05, 2009 : Released 1.0 verison. This release is mainly to organize project stucture:
- Added Make, COPYRIGHTS, INSTALL,README file
Dec 08, 2009 : Released 1.1 verison with following new features and bug fixes,
- Show Score Update Preference: With this preference user can enable/disable libnotify score update.
- Score Update Notification TimeOut Preference: Timeout value for notification to disappear.
- Fixed to avoid notifications after match is complete
- Added logging support through Logging Module.
Jan 11, 2010 : Released 184.108.40.206 verison.
- Fixed score not updating bug
Mar 07, 2010 : Released 220.127.116.11 verison.
- Corrected score feed URL
- Corrected timeout to seconds
- Python 2.4 and ElementTree OR Python 2.5 (which already includes ElementTree)
- python-gtk 2.10 or newer
- python-gnome 2.16 or newer
- python-gnome-desktop 2.16 or newer
- python-notify 0.1 or newer
You can download it from here.
- Unpack the source
- Open up a terminal
- cd /path/to/cricscore/
- As root: make install
- Log out and then log in again to make Cric Score Applet show up in the list of available panel applets
Support This Project
This program is distributed under the terms of the GNU Public Licence.
It is distributed with a hope that it will be useful, but there is ABSOLUTELY no warranty, NOT EVEN THE IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY
OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
1. This applet is written and maintained by Sachin Patil (email@example.com).
2. Make file is written by Arun SAG (firstname.lastname@example.org).